Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome

I am beginning this blog to share some of the questions (many), issues, and insights (a few) that have accompanied me in my spiritual journey.

Semi-full disclosure: Ordained as a Southern Baptist minister in 1971 after receiving the Master of Divinity degree; most recent church membership was Unitarian Universalist; currently unaffiliated, though I still hold to the once essential principle of Baptists that everyone is enitled to interpret their own conscience 'under God.'

Initial considerations:

[from an old Peanuts cartoon:]

1. "JESUS IS THE ANSWER!" (on a poster carried by Linus.)
(then on a poster carried by Snoopy:)  "WHAT IS THE QUESTION?"

2. [from former North Carolina State basketball coach Jim Valvano:]

"I don't have the answers--I'm still working on the questions."

3. My view of religious doctrine and much theology [from the movie 'Crocodile Dundee':]

"They're like fleas arguing over who owns the dog."

That's enough for now--Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment