Thursday, October 25, 2012

Quotes to Ponder

This quote was on my page-a-day calendar recently:

"As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything...keep it." --Mahatma Ghandhi

That quote best describes the reason I chose the title "Patchwork Quilt Spirituality."
Sometimes our spirituality comes down to what helps us make it through the day.

But what worked yesterday, sometimes does not work for today.

Then I found the following quote in an e-newsletter a few days ago:

"When we consider yesterday's answers more important than today's questions,
we fail both the past and the future."  --Sister Joan Chittister

When Jesus told Nicodemus, "You must be born again!" I believe he meant daily.

As I have moved through life's joys and sorrows, I have often found yesterday's spirituality insufficient for today's struggles. So I "patch" yesterday's weak spot and try to move on...my "faith" evolving as I go.

To quote the Apostle Paul:

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child:
but when I became a man, I put away childish things...now I know in part" -- I Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment